CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008


I can't F-in wait for TUESDAY!!! I don't care if I have to wait 8 hours in line to vote. I can't believe I am lucky enough to be able to participate in such a monumental moment in history and I am so excited to tell my grandchildren about what it felt like to vote for the first African American president. I know that the majority of my Vietnamese community will be voting McCain on Tuesday. I know that the reasons they will range from fear of communism(that mccain-palin have tapped into), ignorance, lack of language ability to understand the issues (since the asian community is so diverse in language, it is almost impossible for campaigns to have enough resources to cater to all), and yes, plain racism. It baffles me that anyone who is a minority that experiences all the racism and hardships associated in a lower socio-economic status would then turn around and be racist to others communities of color but hey, that's a post for another day...maybe even a thesis. Anywho, I am proud to say that my brother and I have succeeded in loving/annoying our parents to the left...and after many years of being republican, they are now not only voting for democrats and OBAMA but are so pro-Obama that they have gotten into verbal fights with other family members. Damn I'm good. I now have a distorted sense of power and believe that if I could flip my super traditional, crazy catholic, former racist, homophobic parents to join the right side...I can flip ANYONE...honestly, it's just common sense. See you at the polls.

Oh, did I mention that I'm also excited to not have to hear Palin's sorry excuse for a human being, whinny, hate instigating, ferret ass voice anymore??? YAHOO!!!

0 comments: